Sometimes when looking at Level 2 data you may see a 911 purchase or be alerted to one on a message board. It is said that Market Makers (MM) will sometimes make small purchases of stock at times costing more for the transaction fees than the stock itself in order to show other MM's their intentions. Below is an infographic and a list of the Market Maker Codes that may still be employed to this day.
1. 100 - I need Shares.
2. 200 - I need Shares badly but do not take the stock down.
3. 300 - Take (or I am taking) the stock down at least 30% so I can load shares.
4. 400 - Keep trading it sideways.
5. 500 - Gap the stock. Gap can be up or down, depending on direction of 500 signal.
6. 505 - I am short on shares
7. 600 - Apply resistance at the ASK to keep the price from increasing.
8. 700 - Move the price up.
9. 777 - Also recognized as a signal to move the price up.
10. 800 - Prepare for an increase in trading volume.
11. 900 - Allow the stock to float and trade freely.
12. 911 - Pending News/Press Release On The Way
13. 1000 - Don't let it run
14. 2100 - Let it run
This artwork is meant to be creative, entertaining, and an artistic work that is transformative and is protected under the 1st amendment of the constitution.